Chapter 40 2018-04-29T14:46:59+00:00
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am confused with this one. I have figured out the letters and they do form a word, but that’s not it. I don’t see what i am missing…

Participant

OK, got it now!

Participant

Help here please

Participant

I get it isle. But doesnโ€™t work help!

Participant

Think about the lengths the chains if you’re still stuck 😊

Participant

This one has me completely stumped. I’ve taken the 2 hints and read all the comments here. It seems to me that I know what I have to do, but no answer is accepted. I interpret the first hand and the third hand as by the letter they are showing with the fingers, while I count one letter for every chain segment of the other two hands which gives me the word IELF or IDLF which make no sense and are not correct.

I’ve tried counting only the chain links that are turned towards me as well as both these and those visible only from the side, but every combination I get does not make any sense.

Comparing the lengths of the frist and third chain, counting the visible rings of the chain would confirm I as a letter, but then the third chain would be a J and not an L as indicated by the hand. Unless it’s mirrored, but If assume the scene is mirrored I get the word FJDI which is still nonsense.

What am I missing here, I wonder?!

Participant

Never mind my previous question. I have been blatantly missing the first thing about how to read the hands …

Participant

First time I’m *really* stuck in this book ๐Ÿ™
    Even with the 2 hints and the messages above, I haven’t the slightest idea of what to do with the 4 letters word I’ve found, and the chains lengths… Should I consider all the rings, or just the ones facing me? Should I somehow get a word with it? Mix it with the I**E word found with the hands? 🤔🤔🤔
    Any help appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

you should try and “see” how people that cannot hear, speak! the length of the chains give you the order of the deaf letters!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  whatsoever70.
    Participant

Thanks! 👍👍👍
    As usual, I thought way too much complicated ^^

Participant

Got a four letter word that doesn’t work. I’ve read the silence and arranged in order but still the site will not accept it. Can anyone help me Sail through this problem

Participant

4 letter word. Starts with L.

Keymaster

Hello travelers! Please feel free to join the newly found Facebook community for updates on puzzles for both books Forbidden Mine and Dark Sails as well as for the original Trip 1907!

visit this link here:https://www.facebook.com/groups/trip1907com

In the files section you will find passcodes and solutions that will help you keep going with your games and you can give hints to other players!

Enjoy!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.