Chapter 39 2018-04-29T14:46:44+00:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Counting letters maybe!

Participant

Counted the letters. XI and vi are both 2 letters(and so equal), and Vii is 3. IX is also 2. But 232 doesn’t work either. Tried subtracting the five to get I, II, and IV. But 122 doesn’t work either. Out of ideas.
    Clue one is a cheat as it tells you nothing that is not already shown already.

Participant

The latin numbers just give numbers… think in english… count letters of numbers

Participant

Oh my goodness. I had to read that five times to get what you were saying. I would never have gone that way.

Participant

So how is it not 10? Or X???

Participant

Im totally stuck. Used both hints which gave me nothing i didnt already know.
    Based on XI = 6 and XIII = 8 i have worked out what the 6,7 and 9 should be and nothings happening!
    I dont understand what more i could need to do!

Participant

You have the order. Now go to post #2711 by John 26 and rearrange your thinking. Good luck

Participant

Counting letters

Participant

This is frustrating. This puzzle is set up all sorts of flawed. I counted. I have the answers. I followed the order 6-7-9. Nothing works. Double counted/triple counted. Counted alternative ways. I did the order on the page, ignoring the 6-7-9 function. Nope.

Participant

Of course I got it right after I said that. But this is a flawed setup. Ten & three equal 8 but thirteen also equals 8. Same goes for the example of 6 next to it. Ten & one equal 6. But eleven also equals 6. Poor examples.

Participant

Have been watching you for a while, you try to find flaws in every step you don t feel you can solve it easily. This forum is to assist more players to get pass a riddle and not for reading judgemental comments like yours, for crying out loud!

Participant

Will someone just give me the answer!! I’ve made it through most of this book with relative ease and this chapter is why I put the book down 6 months ago and stopped bothering. Finally picked it up again and chased EVERY SINGLE possibility I could and I’m ready to just give up on it again

Participant

Need to use John Capender clue above. Think in English. Count letters of numbers. Honest this works when you see it.

Participant

I have tried everything I can think of, including manually putting random 3 letter words (!).
    From the posts here I’m assuming the answer is a 3 letter word, right?
    The hints in this riddle were truly obvious, and didn’t help at all..
    I have understood the non Latin numerals and I have counted the letters in all the ways I can think of.
    (With the 6-7-9 key and without).
    Can anyone please help bit more?

This riddle is the only one so far that has me confused and I have played games such as this before..
    🙁

Participant

it is really hard to explain this without giving it away. Counting letters is what you have to do, but definitely not the roman (letters) numbers… but the numbers letters.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.