Chapter 30 2018-04-29T14:42:33+00:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author

NO relationship to usb. you should measure real length in cm.

Participant

I’m sorry but I don’t get it. The book says that I need an internet connection, scissors and a pen. I don’t have access a ruler or any other system to measure length. So I’m just stuck and the book is unsolvable right now?

Participant

I have the dark sails version of this puzzle and I am stuck here as well. I used the clue about the tool to use (which isnt far away).

I looked at the arrowlength, the stars and the distance to the numbers. I think I used all variations from the smallest possibility to the biggest (about 5*5*4 possibilities), but they don’t sem to work. Is there An issue with the Dark Sails version of do I miss a step?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Culnamo38.
    Participant

For three days I am stuck on the same thing as Culnamo38 (also Dark Sails). I had to use both hints, I think I am using the right tool (discussion here seems to confirm it), yet the result I have does not seem to be correct one.

Participant

In the meantime I tried every three-digit combination (since that was the consensus here, measurement gave me more digits) in the combination largest-smallest-middle. From 2-0-1 to 9-7-8. Still no success. I am curious to see what I missed, since this puzzle is starting to frudtrate me a little bit.

Participant

I still haven t found what I am looking for.
    Can somebody please confirm that it works with Dark Sails?

Participant

For the dark sails, have anyone found it? Any hint?

Participant

the solution for trip1907, don’t match with dark sails?

Participant

I’ve counted the [measuring device] for the 3 lines. I’ve measured from asterisk-asterisk and point-point. I’ve entered the digits as a single number, as A-B-C and A B C. Nothing works. To add to the frustration, neither the asterisk-asterisk measure nor the point-point measure fall on a distinct measurement, so you must decide whether to round up or down, or just use the nearest marking up and down.

Given the experience with the (now fixed) Ch. 16, it makes me wonder…

Very frustrating.

Participant

how many digits have the answer?

Participant

I am stuck here as well. Using the correct tool, using the correct order and I can’t get any combo of measurements to work, rounding up and down.

Participant

AlTol, Good question. It could be 5 or 6. I couldn’t imagine 4 and 6 is a stretch. Or maybe I’m all washed up. I don’t know.

I’ve emailed the contact link. For Ch 16, the reply was fairly quick. No response to this one yet.

If someone is able to move past this using Dark Sails, please respond so we know it’s possible. Thanks.

Participant

I found it at last for dark sails. 6 numbers. Count asterisks from end of arrows.

Participant

Sorry. 5 numbers.

Participant

I don’t mind commenting that this specific puzzle sucked. It would’ve been better if the marks fell on specific places. As it was I think I tried two dozen combinations interpolating between each of the numbers high and low guessing which mark the number fell on. And that was after narrowing it down to you clue to use the length of the arrows, not the distance between the asterisks. Wow.

No help from the publisher.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Boone73772.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.